Indian Hills Estates POA Spring Branch, TX

Serving the Neighborhood of Indian Hills Estates, Spring Branch, TX

Minutes from the May 7, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

Minutes from the May 7, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

The meeting was called to order at 7:06 pm by POA president Laura McKee. Board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Nicole Coughlin, Beverly Maloy, Mike Kleiss, and Chuck Styers.

Minutes: from the April 2, 2018 meeting were approved as read by secretary Beverly Maloy.

Treasurer’s Report: was approved as read by treasurer Nicole Coughlin.

ACC Report: was given by Vicky Rainwater. 2 violation letters have been sent out regarding travel trailers. The form for approval for the chicken coop has been sent to the property owner. The Baker garage approval is pending. Vicky reminded all present that concerns regarding environmental issues can be sent to the county by anyone. The more complaints on unresolved issues from concerned property owners the better.

Old Business: Nicole Coughlin stated that 65 reminder letters have been sent out regarding 2018 dues that need to be paid. All bank issues have now been resolved. Laura McKee and Nicole Coughlin are officially named on the IHE POA account. Ed Geffner stated that he checked with the water supply company. Chicken coops do not necessarily create a possible problem with contamination of the water supply. He reminded everyone that all outside water spigots must have backflow protection devices.

New Business: The board is looking into the possibility of the creation of a Violations Committee. Members of that committee would approach property owners who remain in violation after no or slow response to violation letters. Possible solutions could be suggested if the property owner needs help in order to correct the situation.

We had two visitors from an adjoining community who are looking into the possibility of replacing or updating the Indian Hills Estates sign at the entrance to the subdivision. Katie Bunsch asked for input from our POA. The sign’s location is under the jurisdiction of TX DOT and Comal County. Before changes can be made the majority of property owners in Indian Hills Estates, Cypress Lake Gardens, and Comal Hills would have to vote their approval. Katie was informed that County

May 7, 2018 POA Meeting   page 2

Commissioner Jen Crownover holds monthly meetings at the EMS station that are open to all Comal County residents. Her next meeting will be tomorrow, May 8, 2018. She may be able to provide more guidance in how to proceed with the sign replacement once it is approved by the majority vote of property owners in each of the 3 adjoining communities. Katie will look into the matter and will keep in touch with our POA.

The next meeting of the IHE POA will be June 4, 2018 at 7 pm.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned by the president Laura McKee at 7:50 pm.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy secretary.

Minutes from the April 2, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

                          Minutes from the April 2, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

The meeting was called to order at 7:10 pm by the president Laura McKee.  Board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Beverly Maloy, Mike Kleiss, and Nicole Coughlin.

The minutes: of the March 2018 POA meeting were approved as read by the secretary Beverly Maloy.

Treasurer’s report: was approved as read by the treasurer Nicole Coughlin who stated that she will begin calling property owners regarding past-due POA dues beginning in mid-April.

ACC Report: The ACC report was given by Vicky Rainwater. There is currently one RV variance to be approved pending further information from the property owner. Vicky is working on obtaining a variance needed for the gazebo on Lot 25.

Old business: The issue of signage for school bus stops is now in the hands of Carrie at the Comal County Commissioner’s Court who is communicating with Monica at the Comal ISD bus dispatch office. Hopefully there will be improvement by the opening of the new school year.

Letters for delinquent POA dues do not need to be filed with the county. Only liens need to be filed. Verbiage for liens need to be more detailed regarding the $75.00 charges for transfer fees and $125.00 for resale certificates.

The issue of whether POA board members’ personal bank accounts will be viewable in conjunction with the POA bank account has been cleared up. Only the POA account will be viewable, not personal accounts. The POA account will remain with Texas Regional Bank for the time being. The IRS will be sending the EIN paperwork by mail.

New business: Concern has been raised regarding possible pollution of the IHE water supply by new chicken coops. That is an issue that needs to be handled by the IHEWSC not the POA.

 

 

 

                                                   April 2018 POA Minutes page 2                                  

Vicky Rainwater will be working to “soften” the language for the Commercial Lot Guidelines. Those updated guidelines need to be in the deed restrictions and will require the approved vote by the property owners before they can be filed with the county.

The next meeting of the POA will be May 7, 2018 at 7:00 pm.

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned by president Laura McKee at 8:24 pm.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy secretary

Minutes from the March 5, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

                   Minutes from the March 5, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

The meeting was called to order by POA president Laura McKee at 7:10 pm. Board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Beverly Maloy, Nicole Coughlin, Mike Kleiss, and Chuck Styers.

The minutes from the February meeting were approved as corrected to read that the Rosas had requested approval to build a house addition rather than a carport.

Treasurer’s report: Approved as read by the treasurer Nicole Coughlin who stated there has been a good response to dues letters and reminded everyone that dues need to be in by March 31, 2018. Nicole plans to go to Randolph Regional Credit Union tomorrow with Laura McKee. There has still been no response from Texas Regional Bank regarding the need to name Nicole Coughlin as the new POA treasurer, so a decision must be made about where to open a new POA account.

ACC report: was given by Vicky Rainwater. Requests for variance for 1 RV and the Rosas room addition have been received. There has been no response to letters regarding travel trailers, 2 previous letters and one new one. Vicky will continue to follow up.

Old Business:  After a trip in person, I was advised to contact the Comal County Commissioners Court by a very helpful lady at the Comal ISD bus dispatch office. There is no phone number available on-line, so a letter was drafted concerning the issue. It was approved by the POA board and signed by the POA secretary, vice-president, and president. It will be mailed tomorrow, March 6, 2018.

New business: The issue of raising the POA dues was discussed again. A possibility of returning the dues for current POA members to $48.00/year and $75.00/year for new move- ins was suggested and was favorably received by the POA members present. There will be the need for another mail-out for another vote regarding the dues and by-laws.

Vicky Rainwater and Laura McKee will be working on violation letters this week. Delinquent letters will be filed with the county.

The next meeting of the IHE POA will be April 2, 2018 at 7:00 pm. The meeting was adjourned at 8:13 pm by Laura McKee.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, IHE POA secretary

Minutes from the February Meeting of IHE POA February 5, 2018

Minutes from the February Meeting of IHE POA February 5, 2018

The meeting was called to order by POA president Laura McKee at 7:05 pm. POA Board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Beverly Maloy, Nicole Coughlin, Mike Kleiss, and Chuck Styers.

Minutes: Minutes of the January 2018 meeting were approved as read by secretary Beverly Maloy.

Treasurers Report: Approved as read by treasurer Nicole Coughlin. Nicole Coughlin and Lesha Betts reported a favorable response to the letters regarding POA dues.

ACC Report: was given by Vicky Rainwater. Septic tanks are being stored on Lot 144. A written letter approving use of this site as commercial property is needed. Vicky reported the responses to the letters for RV variances that have been sent out. The RV being stored on the Morgan property has been moved out. Noted new issues in the community are a bed on Apache Moon, a stove on Indian Hills Dr., and a washer and dryer on Silver Wings. Vicky will continue to monitor these issues. Contact will be made with the property owners and violation letters will be sent by the ACC if necessary. Lena Rosas reported the condition of the lot next to her home on Apache Moon. She has spoken to the property owner about the trash accumulated of the property, failure to maintain the property, and possible criminal activity noted on the property at night. The owner refuses to take action on these issues and Lena will contact the Comal Environmental Office. Spring Branch Sheriffs Office has been to the location a number of times. The POA will file for a variance with the county for the Rosas proposed carport.

Old Business:                                                                                                                                       No action has been taken yet regarding school bus signs for the community.

Laura McKee and Nicole Coughlin have been dealing with Kim at Texas Regional Bank in the attempt to add Nicole as the new treasurer for the IHE POA. An EIN# is required. Kim will check to see if the reinstatement would suffice but no answers have been received yet. Due to the continued difficulty in this matter the IHE POA Board voted to change banks. Our CPA will be contacted for possible recommendations.

The next meeting of the IHE POA will be March 5, 2018 at 7:00 pm.

Minutes of IHE POA February 2018 minutes          Page 2

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned by president Laura McKee at 7:35 pm.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, IHE POA secretary

 

Minutes from the January 8, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

             Minutes from the January 8, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

The meeting of the IHE POA was called to order by the president Laura McKee at 7:04pm. Board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Beverly Maloy, Nicole Coughlin, and Mike Kleiss. The sign-in sheet was circulated to all POA members present.

Minutes: The minutes of the December 4, 2017 POA meeting were approved as corrected to read Bobbie Jo D’Antonio was not who had requested the variance for the Crawford RV. The site is less than 10’ from the property line and cannot be approved without the written approval by the Crawford’s next-door neighbor.

Treasurer’s Report: Lesha Betts reported that liens had been filed in December 2017 regarding property violations but had not been mailed out until January 2, 2018 due to the holidays. The treasurer’s report was approved as read by the treasurer Lesha Betts.

ACC Report: Vicky Rainwater reported that requests for variances for the Styers and Crawford RV’s had been received. No request had been received for a variance for the Stewart travel trailer. Vicky Rainwater will send a letter denying the Crawford variance request until written approval is received from the next- door neighbor, Eric Grey. New violation letters and needed RV variance letters will be mailed out tomorrow. Vicky will call Michelle Morgan regarding an RV variance. The Crandall’s apparently are renting out their property and do not live in that house. The renter will need to be contacted directly regarding the car violation.

Old Business: No action had been taken yet regarding school bus signs for our community. Beverly Maloy and Vicky Rainwater will go to the school district bus origination at the Smithson Valley location this month to request placement of school bus signs at locations in the IHE community.

The suggestion was made and seconded that the Spring Fling and Clean-up day will need to be tabled until this July. Hopefully it can take place in the Fall of 2018 but needs to be postponed now due to lack of sufficient funds at this time.

The discussion was had regarding a need for the possible replacement of the current IHE POA attorney, Amy McLin. She has been slow to respond and does not

Minutes from the January 8, 2018 IHE POA Meeting                page 2                                                             

communicate efficiently with the IHE POA Board. Lesha Betts will follow up on a possible new POA attorney suggested by Vicky Rainwater.

New business: The IHE POA website will need renewal by May or June of this year. Vicky Rainwater has generously volunteered to donate the necessary funds for the renewal. Coral Bucy is thanked for providing the site up until then. Vicky will contact Coral regarding information for the continuation of the site.

Lesha Betts has stated that she will be stepping down this month as IHE POA treasurer. She has agreed to serve as the IHE POA vice-president for the remainder of her term. Nicole Coughlin will serve as the new Indian Hills Estates POA treasurer beginning immediately. Lesha will work with Nicole to assure a smooth transition.

President Laura McKee stated that no further registered letters will be sent out regarding violations and variance requests as the costs are prohibitive with the current budget.

The next meeting of the IHE POA will be February 5, 2018 at 7:00 pm.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned by the president Laura McKee at 8:10 pm.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, IHE POA secretary.

Minutes from the December 4, 2017 IHE POA Meeting

Minutes from the December 4, 2017 IHE POA Meeting

The meeting was called to order at 7:08 pm by the president Laura McKee. Board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Beverly Maloy, Cordie Morgan, and Chuck Styers. The sign-in sheet was circulated to all POA members present.

Minutes: The minutes of the November POA meeting were approved as read by secretary Beverly Maloy.

Treasurer’s Report: Was approved as read by treasurer Lesha Betts.

ACC Report: Vicky Rainwater reported that there have been 2 new requests for variances for RV’s. Bobbie Jo D’Antonio requested a variance for the Crawford RV. The site is less than 10’ from the property line but has been in place for years. The request cannot be ok’ed without written approval of the request by the property owners next door.

Old Business:

School bus signs for the community: Beverly Maloy reported that calls were placed to the County Commissioner’s office regarding whether school bus stop signs could be placed in our community. After being transferred to several different departments, it was determined that a call should be placed directly to the Comal School district. After being transferred several more times, no positive answers were actually obtained. Everyone tried to be helpful, but no one seemed to know how to handle the matter. The suggestion was made to contact each school whose busses picked up students in our community. Laura McKee and Vicky Rainwater both reported that all of the community school busses originated at the Smithson Valley school location. The matter was tabled until January.

Christmas lights contest: Ed Geffner reported that he had saved the signs for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, honorable mention, and best religious awards. The contest will be judged December 16th.

Spring fling and clean-up day:  Laura will attend the next meeting of the IHSB Water Supply Company to check on insurance coverage if the event is held at the pavilion site. Plans for the event will be on hold until that determination is clarified.

IHE POA Meeting 12/04/17                                                                     Page -2-

New Business: New LED lights have been placed at the Indian Hills/Deer Slayer, Hiawatha/Deer Slayer, and Apache Moon/Silver Wings locations by PEC.

Board member Cordie Morgan is resigning as of today. He is thanked for his many years of service to our community.

The next meeting of the IHE POA will be January 8, 2018 at 7pm.

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 7:59 pm by President Laura McKee.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, secretary.

 

 

Minutes from the IHE POA Meeting November 6, 2017

Minutes from the IHE POA Meeting November 6, 2017

The meeting was called to order at 7:03pm by the president Laura McKee. Board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Beverly Maloy, Cordie Morgan, Mike Kleiss, Nicole Coughlin, and Chuck Styers. The sign-in sheet was circulated to all POA members present.

Minutes: The minutes of the October POA meeting were approved as read by secretary Beverly Maloy.

Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Lesha Betts stated that the IHE POA banking account will remain with Texas Regional Bank. The treasurer’s report was approved as read.

ACC Report: was given by Vicky Rainwater. Two PIP requests were submitted to the ACC in the past month. One PIP was approved, and the other is in progress pending need for further information requested by the ACC. The topic was again raised concerning the property owners who have had RV’s parked on their properties without ever requesting a variance as required by the 1985 IHE Covenants. Letters will be sent to those property owners in violation to submit requests for variance or to remove the RV from the property within 30 days of receipt of such letters. If no response is obtained the case will be turned over to the POA attorney for further action.

Old business: No action had been taken yet on obtaining information on school bus signage due to misunderstanding on the part of the POA secretary. This will be followed up before the December POA meeting. Laura McKee has followed up with PEC regarding replacement of street light bulbs. They will be replaced for free if the lights burn out or malfunction. There will be a charge of $150.00 each to replace bulbs with the newer LED bulbs if requested before bulbs burn out or malfunction on their own.

New business: The IHE Water Supply Company replaced the roof on the pavilion and has fixed the lights.

The annual judging of the community Christmas lights and decorations will be done on Saturday, December 16 starting at 6:30pm. Information will be posted on Next Door Neighbor Indian Hills and the IHE POA website.

November 6, 2017 IHE POA meeting                                               page 2

Plans are being discussed regarding the possibility of a community Spring Fling. It could possibly be coordinated with a community clean up day with a dumpster again provided by the POA. The dumpster would be paid for with donations from community property owners to be paid per load. The idea of a raffle with a ballot to vote on one issue at a time was discussed. The ballot would result in the issuance of a raffle ticket. Nearby merchant donations would be solicited for the event. Hot dogs could be provided for a donation. Laura McKee will meet with the Water Supply Company to discuss whether the event could be covered by their insurance with any extra fees for that day to be covered by the POA. A Comal County Sheriff Department deputy could be requested to be present for the event.

The Community Assistance Institute San Antonio will be holding free classes for POA board members. If those free classes prove to be beneficial, the POA board will consider membership in the CAI. The cost will be $250.00/yr. and will cover up to 15 POA board members.

There has been interest shown in the purchase of the community pool equipment. The pumps, filters, and sand were replaced by the POA prior to deeding the pool and POA property to the Water Supply Company. The question of who would receive the proceeds from the sale of the pool equipment will be discussed with Water Supply Company.

The next meeting of the IHE POA will be December 4, 2017 at 7:00 pm.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:51pm.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, secretary.

 

 

Minutes from the October 9, 2017 POA Meeting

                Minutes from the October 9, 2017 POA Meeting

The meeting was called to order by the president Laura McKee. Board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Beverly Maloy, Cordie Morgan, Mike Kleiss, Nicole Coughlin, and Chuck Styers. The sign in sheet was circulated to all POA members present.

Minutes: from the September POA meeting were approved as read by the secretary Beverly Maloy.

Treasurers Report: was approved as read by the treasurer Lesha Betts.

ACC Report: was given by Vicky Rainwater. Ten of the properties that required letters regarding violations have shown definite improvements. There are several RV’s being stored on properties in our community that have not yet requested variances. Coral Bucy will place information regarding forms to request variances on the IHE POA website.

Old Business: There was discussion regarding whether to keep the POA bank account with Texas Regional Bank or change to another bank. Lesha Betts will compare fees, charges, and benefits with other banks or credit unions. Some POA records from previous years cannot be located. Copies of all violation notice letters, variance requests, and other POA letters and documents will be maintained by the secretary in one location.

New Business: New POA board members Nicole Coughlin and Chuck Styers were welcomed. Street lights on Silver Wings, Apache Moon, and Hiawatha are not in proper functioning order. Laura McKee will report the matter to PEC. Cordie Morgan will attempt to reach the County Commissioner or the Texas State Attorney General to see how IHE can go about requesting bus stop signs, bus stop shelters, and possibly speed limit signs, and no thru traffic signs (except for emergency vehicles). Laura McKee stated that the state law allows any property owner to legally keep 6 or fewer fowl on their personal property. The next meeting of the IHE POA will be November 6, 2017 at 7pm in the pavilion.

There being no further business the motion was made and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 7:38pm.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, secretary.

Synopsis of IH POA Minutes for 2017

Synopsis of IH POA Minutes for 2017

January 9, 2017: Amy McLin was present to answer questions regarding the current covenants and by-laws, as well as, functions and legal operations of a POA board. Many good questions and concerns were raised concerning the legal implications regarding amending by-laws, filing and enforcing liens, raising dues, and what to do with the pool. Amy updated the POA on the recent laws pertaining to POA’s enacted by the Texas State Legislature.

February 6, 2017: The revised covenants were completed for the second time and were in the process of being delivered to POA members. The revised covenants will need to be voted in by 51% of the eligible voters. If approved, the annual dues would increase to $75.00, if not approved, they would be required to return to the 1985 assessment of $36.00/yr. as any increases to the dues since 1985 had never been filed and can no longer be assessed. The repercussions of not being able to continue to operate with the current budget was discussed at length. If the required 51% could not be reached, immediate action would be required to reduce operating expenses. The importance of everyone getting their ballots signed and returned by March 4, 2017, was stressed.

March 6, 2017: The results of the voting for the revision of the covenants was extremely disappointing. Out of the 181 ballots mailed out, only 39 ballots were returned. As a result, the community will be forced to return to the 1985 version and the dues return to the original assessment of $36.00/yr./property owner. The topic of necessary actions to reduce expenses as discussed in detail. The pool was the biggest expense. Since the POA could no longer legally charge for pool keys, the $36.00/yr. dues could not cover the costs to keep it. Pool maintenance would be discontinued as of April 1, 2017 and the pool would be immediately and permanently closed. The POA phone will be shut off, the POA website will be discontinued when the current contract expires. The monthly IHE POA newsletter will no longer be provided. The electricity to the pool, pavilion, and park will be shut off. The 10 street lights paid for by the POA will be kept on as long as feasible due to the drastic decrease in dues. The letter sent out with the ballots for covenant revision had clearly outlined the need for drastic and immediate actions if the needed 51% approval was not reached. A lengthy discussion was had regarding what to do with the pool. The suggestion was finally made to possibly deed the pool and POA park, pavilion, and surrounding POA property to the water supply company for $10.00. If the pool would be sold, the new owners could use it for any purpose they see fit. The profits from the sale would need to be used to pay any outstanding debts and the remainder would be donated to another non-profit entity. The motion was made and seconded that president Laura McKee and other board members present the possibility to the water supply company at their next meeting.

April 3,2017: The SBIHEWSC has accepted the proposal from the POA board to deed the POA property, pool, park and pavilion to them for $10.00. Once the paperwork is filed the POA will no longer be responsible for insuring or maintaining the property. The current POA will be granted permission to continue to use the pavilion for meetings and POA functions for a period of one year. The approval thereafter will be needed on a yearly basis. A discussion ensued regarding the perceived abruptness of the decision to deed the property to the water supply corporation. The reminder was made that the attorney had met with POA at the special meeting in January 2017, allowing property owners opportunity to ask questions regarding the need to raise current POA dues and the necessary consequences if the dues are not increased. There were then 2 more POA meetings with in depth discussions on the matter and then 2 more ballots were sent out detailing the need to increase dues and the needed actions if the dues remained at the 1985 rate. Unfortunately, the vote did not reach the needed 51% of eligible voters to pass. The POA board then had to make decisions to proceed “in the best interests of the community” as outlined by Texas POA/ HOA state laws. The question was raised whether to abolish the POA board. 51% of eligible voters would be needed to do so. Several liens against properties with high dollar non-payment of dues expired in January 2017. This type of lien must be renewed every 7 years and action is being taken to renew them. Harold Meckel resigned from the board due to conflicts with his work schedule.

May 1, 2017: The insurance on the property recently deeded to the SBIHEWS Corp has been terminated as of May 1, 2017. Liability Insurance for The POA and the Board will remain in effect. The new cost of insurance will now be $143/mo. The previous monthly cost which also included the insurance for the park, pool, and pavilion had been $739.39. Letters regarding the updated covenants will be going out again soon. The new letter will reflect that the yearly POA dues will be $36.00/mo. and the 5% increase clause will be taken out. Property owners may store 1 RV but it cannot be lived in. Property owners must maintain acceptable appearance of their properties. Melba Balantac submitted her resignation from the board due to family obligations.

June 5, 2017: Letters regarding violations have gone out and second letters will be going out soon as needed. Positive results are beginning to be seen in the community, but much more needs to be done. Everyone was reminded to notify Vicky if new violations are noted. There is a need for posting commercial lot guidelines. It was stressed that the POA is every property owner in our community, not just the board members. Suggestions were made and discussed that IHE have block parties in sections in the community. A Fall Festival was another possibility that was brought up. The General Meeting of the IHE POA will be on September 17, 2017. There are several terms of board members that will be ending then and Melba Balantac and Mike Kleiss have stated that they need to resign from the POA board of directors effective immediately. A nominating committee is needed to seek candidates to fill 3-year terms. Laura McKee’s term will be up in September and she stated she will be willing to run for office again at that time.

July 10, 2017:  The 2017 General Meeting of the Indian Hills Estates POA will be held on Sunday, September 17 at 2 pm. New by-laws and ballots will be mailed out in August. Registered letters will be going out to property owners who are in violation and have not made efforts to comply after 2nd and 3rd violation letters have been sent out. They will be informed that the POA Board will hire to have the property cleaned up and the property owners will be assessed for the charges. There will be a meeting of the City of Spring Branch on Tuesday, 7-11-2017, at 6:30pm. Vicky Rainwater and Beverly Maloy will plan to attend to bring up questions regarding the dump on Hwy 281 at Putter Creek. A question was raised concerning the safety of the fireworks stand at Hwy 281 and Silver Wings, who owns it, whether there is a permit for the stand, and possible storing of unsold fireworks on site after the holiday. The matter will be looked into and will also be brought up at the City of Spring Branch meeting on Tuesday, July 11.

August 7, 2017: Everyone was reminded that the next meeting of the IHE POA will be the general meeting on Sunday September 17, 2017 at 2pm. The results of the counting of ballots to approve the revised covenants as well as result of the voting to replace/re-elect board members will be announced at that time. Ballots should be turned into the POA mail box at 2002 Hiawatha by 9-15-17, or may be brought to the meeting on Sunday September 17. Vicky Rainwater reported for the ACC that two registered final violation letters are scheduled to go out tomorrow. There are now fewer than 15 violation letters remaining. Improvements are beginning to be noted around the community in response to the letters.

Everyone was reminded that the IHE POA General Meeting is scheduled for Sunday September 17, 2017 at 2 p.m.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy secretary

 

 

 

 

 

Indian Hills Estates POA Minutes from the August 7, 2017 and September 2017 Meetings

Minutes from IHE POA General Meeting September 17, 2017

The meeting was called to order by POA Board president Laura McKee at 2:18 pm. The sign in sheet was circulated to all present. Remaining ballots for election/re-election of POA board members, as well as, ballots concerning revisions for the covenants were collected and counted.

Minutes: A synopsis of minutes from POA meetings for this year to date was read by secretary Beverly Maloy and was approved as read.

Treasurer’s Report: Was approved as read by the treasurer Lesha Betts.

ACC Board: The report was given by Vicky Rainwater. There are 4 new homes in the IHE community. The ACC has increased mail, e-mails, and visits. The question arose regarding requirements for types of permits needed for new move-ins and property improvements. At present, the only permits required by the county regard septic installation. Vicky will follow up with the county to be sure IHE is in compliance with all requirements.

Old Business: The board is still seeking suggestions for the location of the second POA sign to replace the one that was removed from the property of Jewel Grubbs. The preferable location would be on Broken Arrow. So far, no one has agreed to the placement of the new sign on their own property. The problem of dark street corners and the danger to community children waiting for school buses was discussed. The POA board will consider the possibility of adding new street lights to problem locations in the community.

New business: There was no new discussion from the floor. The question was again raised why the pool, pavilion, and POA property was sold to the water company. Ed Geffken explained in detail what the possible ramifications of selling to anyone other than the water company could be. He also clearly explained the benefits both now and in the future from the sale as conducted.

Voting results: Once again the voting in community failed to reach the required 51% of the eligible POA members. Therefore, the 1985 covenants will remain in force. Laura McKee was re-elected to another term as POA Board president. Nicole Coughlin was voted in as a new board member. There were 3 write-in suggestions: Merle Raymond, Lorraine Reed, and Chuck Styers. Merle and Lorraine are unable to serve at this time. The POA board will reach out to Chuck.

9-17-2017 page 2

The next POA monthly meeting will be October 9, 2017 at 7 p.m. in the pavilion.

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 3:35 p.m. by POA board president Laura McKee.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, secretary

August 2017

The meeting was called to order at 7:11pm by the president Laura McKee. The sign in sheet was circulated to all members in attendance. POA board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Cordie Morgan, and Beverly Maloy.
The minutes from the July POA meeting were approved as read by the secretary Beverly Maloy.
The treasurers report was approved as read by the treasurer Lesha Betts.

The ACC report was given by Vicky Rainwater. Two registered final letters are scheduled to go out tomorrow. There are now fewer than 15 violation letters remaining. Improvements are beginning to be noted around the community in response to the letters. The new home for Eddie peoples has been successfully moved in.

Old Business: Everyone was reminded that the next meeting of the IHE POA will be the general meeting on Sunday September 17, 2017 at 2pm. The results of the counting of ballots to approve the revised covenants as well as result of the voting to replace/re-elect board members will be announced at that time. The majority of the revised covenants has been mailed out. The remainder will be mailed out tomorrow after more stamps can be purchased. Laura McKee has agreed to run for another term on the board. The nominating committee has reached out to several community members asking them to consider running for a position on the POA board. Possibilities at this time may include the Coughlins, Mr. Escheveria, and the Peoples. Juan Rodriguez has stated he is willing to help with POA needs but cannot run for a position on the board right now. Ballots should be turned into the POA mail box at 2002 Hiawatha by 9-15-17, or may be brought to the meeting on Sunday September 17.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned by president Laura McKee at 7:36pm.
Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, secretary

Page 1 of 2

Powered by WordPress & Theme by Anders Norén