Indian Hills Estates POA Spring Branch, TX

Serving the Neighborhood of Indian Hills Estates, Spring Branch, TX

Category: Uncategorized (Page 2 of 2)

Indian Hills Estates POA Minutes from the August 7, 2017 and September 2017 Meetings

Minutes from IHE POA General Meeting September 17, 2017

The meeting was called to order by POA Board president Laura McKee at 2:18 pm. The sign in sheet was circulated to all present. Remaining ballots for election/re-election of POA board members, as well as, ballots concerning revisions for the covenants were collected and counted.

Minutes: A synopsis of minutes from POA meetings for this year to date was read by secretary Beverly Maloy and was approved as read.

Treasurer’s Report: Was approved as read by the treasurer Lesha Betts.

ACC Board: The report was given by Vicky Rainwater. There are 4 new homes in the IHE community. The ACC has increased mail, e-mails, and visits. The question arose regarding requirements for types of permits needed for new move-ins and property improvements. At present, the only permits required by the county regard septic installation. Vicky will follow up with the county to be sure IHE is in compliance with all requirements.

Old Business: The board is still seeking suggestions for the location of the second POA sign to replace the one that was removed from the property of Jewel Grubbs. The preferable location would be on Broken Arrow. So far, no one has agreed to the placement of the new sign on their own property. The problem of dark street corners and the danger to community children waiting for school buses was discussed. The POA board will consider the possibility of adding new street lights to problem locations in the community.

New business: There was no new discussion from the floor. The question was again raised why the pool, pavilion, and POA property was sold to the water company. Ed Geffken explained in detail what the possible ramifications of selling to anyone other than the water company could be. He also clearly explained the benefits both now and in the future from the sale as conducted.

Voting results: Once again the voting in community failed to reach the required 51% of the eligible POA members. Therefore, the 1985 covenants will remain in force. Laura McKee was re-elected to another term as POA Board president. Nicole Coughlin was voted in as a new board member. There were 3 write-in suggestions: Merle Raymond, Lorraine Reed, and Chuck Styers. Merle and Lorraine are unable to serve at this time. The POA board will reach out to Chuck.

9-17-2017 page 2

The next POA monthly meeting will be October 9, 2017 at 7 p.m. in the pavilion.

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 3:35 p.m. by POA board president Laura McKee.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, secretary

August 2017

The meeting was called to order at 7:11pm by the president Laura McKee. The sign in sheet was circulated to all members in attendance. POA board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Cordie Morgan, and Beverly Maloy.
The minutes from the July POA meeting were approved as read by the secretary Beverly Maloy.
The treasurers report was approved as read by the treasurer Lesha Betts.

The ACC report was given by Vicky Rainwater. Two registered final letters are scheduled to go out tomorrow. There are now fewer than 15 violation letters remaining. Improvements are beginning to be noted around the community in response to the letters. The new home for Eddie peoples has been successfully moved in.

Old Business: Everyone was reminded that the next meeting of the IHE POA will be the general meeting on Sunday September 17, 2017 at 2pm. The results of the counting of ballots to approve the revised covenants as well as result of the voting to replace/re-elect board members will be announced at that time. The majority of the revised covenants has been mailed out. The remainder will be mailed out tomorrow after more stamps can be purchased. Laura McKee has agreed to run for another term on the board. The nominating committee has reached out to several community members asking them to consider running for a position on the POA board. Possibilities at this time may include the Coughlins, Mr. Escheveria, and the Peoples. Juan Rodriguez has stated he is willing to help with POA needs but cannot run for a position on the board right now. Ballots should be turned into the POA mail box at 2002 Hiawatha by 9-15-17, or may be brought to the meeting on Sunday September 17.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned by president Laura McKee at 7:36pm.
Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, secretary

Indian Hills Estates POA Minutes from the July 10, 2017 Meeting

The meeting was called to order by the president Laura McKee at 7:08 pm. The
sign in sheet was circulated to all members in attendance. POA board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Cordie Morgan, and Beverly Maloy.

The minutes from the June 2017 meeting were approved as read by secretary Beverly Maloy.
The Treasurer’s report was approved as read by treasurer Lesha Betts.
The ACC report was read by Vicky Rainwater. The plans submitted for the Esqueda and Estrella properties were approved by the ACC and POA board. Seven violation letters will be going out. Some of these are second and third letters. The ACC is coordinating closely with the POA board.

Old business: The 2017 General Meeting of the Indian Hills Estates POA will be held on Sunday, September 17 at 2 pm. New by-laws and ballots will be mailed out the first week in August.

New Business: Registered letters will be going out to property owners who are in violation and have not made efforts to comply after 2nd and 3rd violation letters have been sent out. They will be informed that the POA Board will hire to have the property cleaned up and the property owners will be assessed for the charges.

There will be a meeting of the City of Spring Branch on Tuesday, 7-11-2017, at 6:30pm. Vicky Rainwater and Beverly Maloy will plan to attend to bring up questions regarding the dump on Hwy 281 at Putter Creek.
A question was raised concerning the safety of the fireworks stand at Hwy 281 and Silver Wings, who owns it, whether there is a permit for the stand, and possible storing of unsold fireworks on site after the holiday. The matter will be looked into and will also be brought up at the City of Spring Branch meeting on Tuesday, July 11.
Happily, Mike Kleiss will not need to resign from the POA board after all and has formally rescinded his resignation.

The next meeting of the Indian Hills Estates POA will be Monday, 8-7-2017, at 7pm. There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm by president Laura McKee.
Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, secretary.

Indian Hills Estates POA Minutes from the June 5, 2017 Meeting

The meeting was called to order by the president, Laura McKee at 7:08 pm. The sign in sheet was circulated to all present. Board members present were Laura McKee, Leesha Betts, Beverly Maloy, Melba Balantac, and Mike Kleiss.
The minutes of the May 2017, meeting were approved as read by the secretary, Beverly Maloy.
The treasurer’s report was approved as read by the treasurer, Leesha Betts.
The ACC report was given by Vicky Rainwater. The plans for variances on the Everest and Kleiss properties were approved.
Old business: Letters regarding violations have gone out and second letters will be going out soon as needed. Positive results are beginning to be seen in the community, but much more needs to be done. Everyone was reminded to notify Vicky if new violations are noted. There is a need for posting commercial lot guidelines. It was stressed that the POA is every property owner in our community, not just the board members.
New business: Suggestions were made and discussed that IHE have block parties in sections in the community. A Fall Festival was another possibility that was brought up. The General Meeting of the IHE POA will be on September 17, 2017. There are several terms of board members that will be ending then and Melba Balantac and Mike Kleiss have stated that they need to resign from the POA board of directors effective immediately. A nominating committee is needed to seek candidates to fill 3-year terms. Laura McKee’s term will be up in September and she stated she will be willing to run for office again at that time. Information was given that long-time active community member Lenny Rogers has been diagnosed with cancer and has been placed on hospice.
The next meeting will be on July 10, 2017 since the pt Monday in July will fall on the long weekend for the 4th of July.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned by president Laura McKee at 7:51pm.
Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, secretary

IHE POA Minutes FROM May 1, 2017 Meeting

The meeting was called to order by the president Laura McKee at 7:05 pm. The sign in sheet was circulated to the POA members present. POA Board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, and Beverly Maloy. No quorum was reached.
Minutes from the April 3, 2017 POA meeting: Approved as read by secretary Beverly Maloy.
Treasurer’s Report: Approved as read by treasurer Lesha Betts.
ACC Report: Read by Vicky Rainwater. The new modular home to be placed on Hiawatha is waiting on installation of the septic system before the home can be moved onto the property. The ACC will soon be sending out violation letters to property owners in violation of current regulations.
Old Business: No final decision has been made for placement of the new POA sign that had been in the yard of Jewel Grubbs at the intersection of Apache Moon and Broken Arrow.
New Business: The insurance on the property recently deeded to the SBIHEWS Corp has been terminated as of May 1, 2017. Liability Insurance for The POA and the Board will remain in effect. The new cost of insurance will now be $143/mo. The previous monthly cost which also included the insurance for the park, pool, and pavilion had been $739.39. Letters regarding the updated covenants will be going out again soon. The new letter will reflect that the yearly POA dues will be
$36.00/mo. and the 5% increase clause will be taken out. Property owners may store 1 RV but it cannot be lived in. Property owners must maintain acceptable appearance of their properties.
As a quorum was not reached no issues could be voted on. The meeting was adjourned by the president Laura McKee at 7:40 pm.
Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, secretary

April 2017 Minutes

IHE POA Meeting Minutes from April 3, 2017
The meeting was called to order by the POA board president Laura McKee at 7:02
pm. The sign-in sheet was circulated to all POA members present. The POA Board
members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Melba Balantac, Cordie
Morgan, Mike Kleiss, and Beverly Maloy.
The minutes from the February POA meeting had been completed and were
placed on record. The minutes from the March POA meeting were read by the
secretary Beverly Maloy. T~e IHE Water Company was corrected to read SBIHE
Water Supply Corporation. The minutes from the March meeting were then
approved as corrected.
The treasurer’s report was presented by treasurer Lesha Betts. The motion was
made and seconded to approve the report as presented.
The ACC report was presented by Vicky Rainwater. Vicky stated that records for
the ACC were needed from year 2015 back. There was some discussion as to
where they could be located. The Architectural Committee has received a request
for placement of an electrical business on the Wilson property. Questions will
need to be answered regarding security, privacy fencing, lights, etc. before
approval can be granted. Vicky requested that anyone planning or noticing new
construction to please contact the ACC for follow-up.
Old Business: The POA sign has been removed from the property of Jewel
Grubbs. Possible new locations were discussed with possibility of placement on
Broken Arrow/ Apache Moon or Broken Arrow/ Rebecca Creek. No definite
decision was reached.
The SBIHEWSC has accepted the proposal by the POA board to deed the POA park
area, pavilion, and pool over to them for $10.00. The pool will be drilled and then
filled in. Once the paperwork is filed the POA will no longer be responsible for
insuring or maintaining the property. The water supply corporation has agreed to
allow the continued use of the pavilion by the POA for 1 year. It will need to be
approved thereafter on a yearly basis.
Discussion ensued regarding the perceived quickness of the decision to deed the
property to the water supply corporation. The reminder was made that a special
Meeting minutes from April 3, 2017 page #2
meeting with the POA attorney was held on January 9, 2017, allowing the
property owners the opportunity to ask questions regarding the need to raise , .
current POA dues and the possible consequences if the dues could not be
increased. There had also been two POA meetings since then with in-depth .
discussions on the matter, and two ballots sent out detailing the need for the
dues increase and necessary actions if the dues are not raised. Raising the dues to
$75.00/yr. per property owner .would allow the POA to barely meet the ex·penses
for maintaining the pool, electricity, insurance, POA phone, and operating
expenses. Unfortunately, the vote did not meet the necessary 51% of eligible
voters needed to pass. The POA board then had to make the decision to proceed
“in the best interests of the community” as outlined by Texas POA/HOA laws. . . ·)
Several liens against properties with high dollar non-payment of POA dues have
expired as of January 1, 2017. This type of lien needs to be renewed every 7 years.
Action is being taken to renew these liens.
A question was raised whether the POA board should be abolished. A 51%
approval of the eligible voters would be required.
New business: Board member Harold Meckel has resigned due to conflicts with
his work schedule. 2 picnic tables from the pool area and one table from inside
the pavilion are for sale with an asking price of $50.00 each.
There being no further new or old business, the meeting was adjourned by president Laura McKee at 8:06 pm.
Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, POA secretary.

IHE POA Minutes from the March 6, 2017 Meeting

The meeting was called to order at 7:02pm by the president Laura McKee. The sign-in sheet was circulated to all present. The POA Board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Beverly Maloy, Melba Balantac, Cordie Morgan, and Mike Kleiss. Harold Meckel was excused.

The minutes from the February POA meeting were not yet completed but will be presented at the April POA meeting.

The treasurer’s report was read by Lesha Betts with motions made and seconded to be accepted as read.

Old Business swiftly moved to the pressing issue of the Revised Indian Hills Estates Covenants and the disappointing results. Out of the 181 mailed out, only 39 ballots were returned. As a result, the community will now be forced to return to the 1985 version and the dues will return to the original assessment of $36.00/yr per property owner.

The topic then turned to what will be necessary to get turned off first, and in what order. Since the pool is the biggest expense and $36.00/yr per property owner dues will not cover the costs to keep it, pool maintenance will be discontinued as of April 1, 2017, and the pool will be immediately and permanently closed. Pool closure and no trespassing signs will be posted immediately, and the posts and gate will be painted purple to signify no trespassing. The Ewy property will need to construct a new driveway access to that property as the driveway in front of that property belongs to the POA and will be permanently closed, locked, and posted. The Ewy’s will have 60 days to complete a new access to their home.

The POA phone will be turned off and the POA website will be closed down. The monthly IHE POA newsletter will no longer be provided. The electricity to the pool, pavilion, and park area will be turned off also at that time. The 10 street lights paid for by the POA will be kept on as long as financially feasible.

The question of what should be done with the pool after its closure. The possibility of selling the pool, park, and pavilion was discussed. Interest has been shown by prospective buyers. Insurance would still be required even if the pool is filled in until the property sells. The cost of filling in the pool was discussed. A suggestion was made to contact the county to arrange to have them use it as a place to dump fill for free. Vicky Rainwater stated that it can be filled only with material environmentally approved since one of the community water wells is adjacent to that area.

If the property is sold, the new owners can use it for whatever they see fit. The profits from the sale will need to be used to pay off any outstanding debts and the remainder will need to be donated to another non-profit entity. The suggestion was made that the property could be deeded to the IHE Water Company for $10.00 with the stipulation that the POA still be allowed to use the pavilion for POA meetings. If new wells need to be drilled in the future, the POA property would be an ideal site. President Laura McKee and other board members will present this possibility to the water board at their next meeting at 6:30pm on Tuesday March 14, 2017.

There being no further new business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:03pm by the president Laura McKee.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, IHE POA Secretary.

POA Meeting June 6th

Please make plans to attend the POA meeting at 7PM on June 6th, 2016 at the pavilion.

We need the community’s input and participation.

 

 

Page 2 of 2

Powered by WordPress & Theme by Anders Norén