Indian Hills Estates POA Spring Branch, TX

Serving the Neighborhood of Indian Hills Estates, Spring Branch, TX

Author: indianhills (Page 1 of 2)

Minutes from the September 16, 2018 Annual Meeting of the IHE POA

Minutes from the September 16, 2018 Annual Meeting of the IHE POA

The meeting was called to order at 2:06 pm by the POA president Laura McKee. Other POA board members present were Lesha Betts, Nicole Coughlin, Beverly Maloy, Mike Kleiss, and Chuck Styers.

Minutes: The synopsis from the previous year were approved as read by the secretary Beverly Maloy.

Treasurer’s report: was approved as read by the treasurer Nicole Coughlin.

ACC report: was given byVicky Rainwater.

Old business: There is a need for additional new street lights and a new IHE community sign. Possible sites being considered for the new Indian Hills Estates sign are on Broken Arrow or Silver Wings.                                                                        Everyone is reminded to slow down while driving in the community during the times children are waiting for the school bus or when they are being dropped back off.

New business: The IHE Community Clean-up days will be the weekend of October 21-22. The dumpster will be available Saturday from 8am-4pm, and Sunday from 1pm-4pm. A list of allowable items to be placed in the dumpster will be posted. On those days Chuck Styers has volunteered his truck with trailer for trash placed near the street by property owners who have no means to transport them to the dumpster.                                                                                                                                The results of the ballots to vote the increase of dues to $48.00/yr per property owner and amendments to by-laws regarding travel trailers and RV’s failed to pass. There were 53 ballots cast which were not the required 51% of eligible voters.                                                                                                                                        The next meeting of the POA will be October 1, 2018 at 7:00pm.

The meeting was adjourned at 3:19pm by president Laura McKee.

Respectfully submitted Beverly Maloy secretary.

Minutes from the August 6, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

             Minutes from the August 6, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

The meeting was called to order at 7:06pm by POA board president Laura McKee. Other POA board members present were Lesha Betts, Nicole Coughlin, Beverly Maloy, Mike Kleiss, and Chuck Styers.

Minutes: from the July 2, 2018 POA meeting were approved as read by the secretary Beverly Maloy.

Treasurers Report: was approved as presented by the treasurer Nicole Coughlin.

ACC Report: was given by Vicky Rainwater. Two additional violation letters are scheduled to go out tomorrow.

Old Business: The community dumpster will be in place on the weekend of October 21-22. The rental cost will be covered ½ by the IHEWSC and ½ by the POA. It will be available to IHE community members on Saturday, October 21 from 8:00am-4:00pm and Sunday, October 22 from 1pm-4pm.

The annual IHE POA meeting will be at 2:00pm on September 16, 2018. The POA members will be voting to raise the annual POA dues to $48.00/property owner and amendments to the 1985-1986 deed restrictions regarding storing RV’s on member properties. A 51% of voting members will be required for each of these matters to pass.

Minutes from the July2, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

The meeting was called to order at 7:02 pm by the POA president Laura McKee. Board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Nicole Coughlin, Beverly Maloy, Mike Kleiss, and Chuck Styers.

Minutes: from the June 4, 2018 meeting of the IHE POA were approved as read by the secretary Beverly Maloy.

Treasurer’s report: was approved as read by the treasurer Nicole Coughlin.

ACC report: was given by the president Laura McKee. There are currently four violation letters to be sent out. One of those letters is a second notice.

Old business: The issue of the junk yard on 281 just before the entrance to IHE is being reviewed by TX DOT, Comal County Environmental Office, and the City of Spring Branch Law Group.  Nicole Coughlin has been in touch with Comal County Commissioner Jen Crownover who will ask for a flyover of the junkyard. Nicole will continue to follow up with her. The contact person for the Environmental Office reported that no action has been taken regarding the possible individual community member environmental violations because the inspector could see no violations from the street… even though violations can be clearly seen by IHE community members. It has been suggested that a community member do a ride-along with the inspector. There is also the possibility of involving a non-profit mediation group to help resolve some of the continuing issues.

Laura McKee has communicated with the IHE WSC regarding the cost of placing a community dumpster. The WSC has agreed to cover ½ of the cost. Possible dates for placement of the dumpster are either October 20, 2018 or November 3, 2018. On the weekend chosen the dumpster will be available to the IHE community on Saturday from 8:00am to 4:00pm and Sunday from 1:00pm to 4:00pm.

New business: New bus stop signs and speed limit signs will be posted hopefully before the new school year begins. There have been reports that some members of the IHE community have been trespassing at the Cypress Lake Gardens Park and Pool. If the problem persists CLG POA may resort to involving law enforcement.                                                       

The next meeting of the IHE POA will be August 6, 2018 at 7:00pm. The Annual Meeting of the IHE POA will be September 16, 2018 at 2:00pm.

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned by the president Laura McKee.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy secretary

 

Minutes from the June 4, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

The meeting was called to order at 7:06 pm by the POA president Laura McKee. Also present were POA board members Lesha Betts, Nicole Coughlin, Beverly Maloy, Mike Kleiss, and Chuck Styers.

Minutes: from the May 7, 2018 IHE POA meeting were approved as read by the secretary Beverly Maloy.

Treasurer’s Report: was approved as read by the treasurer Nicole Coughlin.

ACC Report: Vicky Rainwater reported that 2 new violation letters have been sent out. One PIP has been approved and 3 more are pending. Vicky met with the owner of the gazebo in need of major repairs and gave him 3 possible names to consider for doing the needed repair work. Nicole has reached out to the county concerning several properties with possible environmental violations. The e-mail address is ebbesm@CO.COMAL.TX.US, attention Marlice.

Old Business: Formation of the new committee to contact property owners with violations who have not responded to the violation letters was discussed. Nicole Coughlin and Beverly Maloy have volunteered to work with Raymond Gonzales of the ACC on these issues. There has been no further development on the possible update to the sign at the entrance to Indian Hills in front of the EMS station. Plans to place the community dumpster on the IHEWSC property were discussed. Possible dates being considered are October or November with IHE POA and IHEWSC to share the expense on a ½ and ½ basis. Laura McKee will plan to attend the next meeting of the water supply company.

New Business: The date set for the Annual Meeting of the IHE POA will be the 3rd Sunday in September, 9/16/18, at 2pm. A letter will go out ahead of time with a ballot to vote on raising the POA dues to $48.00/yr. There will also be a place for recommendations for candidates to fill the 2 open POA Board member slots. The junk yard at the entrance to IHE at 281 continues to be a major concern. More junk has been noted in Easley’s yard with overflow from the junk yard coming further into our community. The next meeting of the City of Spring Branch will be Tuesday, June 12 at 6:30pm.

The next meeting of the IHE POA will be July 2, 2018 at 7:00pm. There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:49pm by the president Laura McKee.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, secretary.

Minutes from the May 7, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

Minutes from the May 7, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

The meeting was called to order at 7:06 pm by POA president Laura McKee. Board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Nicole Coughlin, Beverly Maloy, Mike Kleiss, and Chuck Styers.

Minutes: from the April 2, 2018 meeting were approved as read by secretary Beverly Maloy.

Treasurer’s Report: was approved as read by treasurer Nicole Coughlin.

ACC Report: was given by Vicky Rainwater. 2 violation letters have been sent out regarding travel trailers. The form for approval for the chicken coop has been sent to the property owner. The Baker garage approval is pending. Vicky reminded all present that concerns regarding environmental issues can be sent to the county by anyone. The more complaints on unresolved issues from concerned property owners the better.

Old Business: Nicole Coughlin stated that 65 reminder letters have been sent out regarding 2018 dues that need to be paid. All bank issues have now been resolved. Laura McKee and Nicole Coughlin are officially named on the IHE POA account. Ed Geffner stated that he checked with the water supply company. Chicken coops do not necessarily create a possible problem with contamination of the water supply. He reminded everyone that all outside water spigots must have backflow protection devices.

New Business: The board is looking into the possibility of the creation of a Violations Committee. Members of that committee would approach property owners who remain in violation after no or slow response to violation letters. Possible solutions could be suggested if the property owner needs help in order to correct the situation.

We had two visitors from an adjoining community who are looking into the possibility of replacing or updating the Indian Hills Estates sign at the entrance to the subdivision. Katie Bunsch asked for input from our POA. The sign’s location is under the jurisdiction of TX DOT and Comal County. Before changes can be made the majority of property owners in Indian Hills Estates, Cypress Lake Gardens, and Comal Hills would have to vote their approval. Katie was informed that County

May 7, 2018 POA Meeting   page 2

Commissioner Jen Crownover holds monthly meetings at the EMS station that are open to all Comal County residents. Her next meeting will be tomorrow, May 8, 2018. She may be able to provide more guidance in how to proceed with the sign replacement once it is approved by the majority vote of property owners in each of the 3 adjoining communities. Katie will look into the matter and will keep in touch with our POA.

The next meeting of the IHE POA will be June 4, 2018 at 7 pm.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned by the president Laura McKee at 7:50 pm.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy secretary.

Minutes from the April 2, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

                          Minutes from the April 2, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

The meeting was called to order at 7:10 pm by the president Laura McKee.  Board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Beverly Maloy, Mike Kleiss, and Nicole Coughlin.

The minutes: of the March 2018 POA meeting were approved as read by the secretary Beverly Maloy.

Treasurer’s report: was approved as read by the treasurer Nicole Coughlin who stated that she will begin calling property owners regarding past-due POA dues beginning in mid-April.

ACC Report: The ACC report was given by Vicky Rainwater. There is currently one RV variance to be approved pending further information from the property owner. Vicky is working on obtaining a variance needed for the gazebo on Lot 25.

Old business: The issue of signage for school bus stops is now in the hands of Carrie at the Comal County Commissioner’s Court who is communicating with Monica at the Comal ISD bus dispatch office. Hopefully there will be improvement by the opening of the new school year.

Letters for delinquent POA dues do not need to be filed with the county. Only liens need to be filed. Verbiage for liens need to be more detailed regarding the $75.00 charges for transfer fees and $125.00 for resale certificates.

The issue of whether POA board members’ personal bank accounts will be viewable in conjunction with the POA bank account has been cleared up. Only the POA account will be viewable, not personal accounts. The POA account will remain with Texas Regional Bank for the time being. The IRS will be sending the EIN paperwork by mail.

New business: Concern has been raised regarding possible pollution of the IHE water supply by new chicken coops. That is an issue that needs to be handled by the IHEWSC not the POA.

 

 

 

                                                   April 2018 POA Minutes page 2                                  

Vicky Rainwater will be working to “soften” the language for the Commercial Lot Guidelines. Those updated guidelines need to be in the deed restrictions and will require the approved vote by the property owners before they can be filed with the county.

The next meeting of the POA will be May 7, 2018 at 7:00 pm.

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned by president Laura McKee at 8:24 pm.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy secretary

Minutes from the March 5, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

                   Minutes from the March 5, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

The meeting was called to order by POA president Laura McKee at 7:10 pm. Board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Beverly Maloy, Nicole Coughlin, Mike Kleiss, and Chuck Styers.

The minutes from the February meeting were approved as corrected to read that the Rosas had requested approval to build a house addition rather than a carport.

Treasurer’s report: Approved as read by the treasurer Nicole Coughlin who stated there has been a good response to dues letters and reminded everyone that dues need to be in by March 31, 2018. Nicole plans to go to Randolph Regional Credit Union tomorrow with Laura McKee. There has still been no response from Texas Regional Bank regarding the need to name Nicole Coughlin as the new POA treasurer, so a decision must be made about where to open a new POA account.

ACC report: was given by Vicky Rainwater. Requests for variance for 1 RV and the Rosas room addition have been received. There has been no response to letters regarding travel trailers, 2 previous letters and one new one. Vicky will continue to follow up.

Old Business:  After a trip in person, I was advised to contact the Comal County Commissioners Court by a very helpful lady at the Comal ISD bus dispatch office. There is no phone number available on-line, so a letter was drafted concerning the issue. It was approved by the POA board and signed by the POA secretary, vice-president, and president. It will be mailed tomorrow, March 6, 2018.

New business: The issue of raising the POA dues was discussed again. A possibility of returning the dues for current POA members to $48.00/year and $75.00/year for new move- ins was suggested and was favorably received by the POA members present. There will be the need for another mail-out for another vote regarding the dues and by-laws.

Vicky Rainwater and Laura McKee will be working on violation letters this week. Delinquent letters will be filed with the county.

The next meeting of the IHE POA will be April 2, 2018 at 7:00 pm. The meeting was adjourned at 8:13 pm by Laura McKee.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, IHE POA secretary

Minutes from the February Meeting of IHE POA February 5, 2018

Minutes from the February Meeting of IHE POA February 5, 2018

The meeting was called to order by POA president Laura McKee at 7:05 pm. POA Board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Beverly Maloy, Nicole Coughlin, Mike Kleiss, and Chuck Styers.

Minutes: Minutes of the January 2018 meeting were approved as read by secretary Beverly Maloy.

Treasurers Report: Approved as read by treasurer Nicole Coughlin. Nicole Coughlin and Lesha Betts reported a favorable response to the letters regarding POA dues.

ACC Report: was given by Vicky Rainwater. Septic tanks are being stored on Lot 144. A written letter approving use of this site as commercial property is needed. Vicky reported the responses to the letters for RV variances that have been sent out. The RV being stored on the Morgan property has been moved out. Noted new issues in the community are a bed on Apache Moon, a stove on Indian Hills Dr., and a washer and dryer on Silver Wings. Vicky will continue to monitor these issues. Contact will be made with the property owners and violation letters will be sent by the ACC if necessary. Lena Rosas reported the condition of the lot next to her home on Apache Moon. She has spoken to the property owner about the trash accumulated of the property, failure to maintain the property, and possible criminal activity noted on the property at night. The owner refuses to take action on these issues and Lena will contact the Comal Environmental Office. Spring Branch Sheriffs Office has been to the location a number of times. The POA will file for a variance with the county for the Rosas proposed carport.

Old Business:                                                                                                                                       No action has been taken yet regarding school bus signs for the community.

Laura McKee and Nicole Coughlin have been dealing with Kim at Texas Regional Bank in the attempt to add Nicole as the new treasurer for the IHE POA. An EIN# is required. Kim will check to see if the reinstatement would suffice but no answers have been received yet. Due to the continued difficulty in this matter the IHE POA Board voted to change banks. Our CPA will be contacted for possible recommendations.

The next meeting of the IHE POA will be March 5, 2018 at 7:00 pm.

Minutes of IHE POA February 2018 minutes          Page 2

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned by president Laura McKee at 7:35 pm.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, IHE POA secretary

 

Minutes from the January 8, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

             Minutes from the January 8, 2018 IHE POA Meeting

The meeting of the IHE POA was called to order by the president Laura McKee at 7:04pm. Board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Beverly Maloy, Nicole Coughlin, and Mike Kleiss. The sign-in sheet was circulated to all POA members present.

Minutes: The minutes of the December 4, 2017 POA meeting were approved as corrected to read Bobbie Jo D’Antonio was not who had requested the variance for the Crawford RV. The site is less than 10’ from the property line and cannot be approved without the written approval by the Crawford’s next-door neighbor.

Treasurer’s Report: Lesha Betts reported that liens had been filed in December 2017 regarding property violations but had not been mailed out until January 2, 2018 due to the holidays. The treasurer’s report was approved as read by the treasurer Lesha Betts.

ACC Report: Vicky Rainwater reported that requests for variances for the Styers and Crawford RV’s had been received. No request had been received for a variance for the Stewart travel trailer. Vicky Rainwater will send a letter denying the Crawford variance request until written approval is received from the next- door neighbor, Eric Grey. New violation letters and needed RV variance letters will be mailed out tomorrow. Vicky will call Michelle Morgan regarding an RV variance. The Crandall’s apparently are renting out their property and do not live in that house. The renter will need to be contacted directly regarding the car violation.

Old Business: No action had been taken yet regarding school bus signs for our community. Beverly Maloy and Vicky Rainwater will go to the school district bus origination at the Smithson Valley location this month to request placement of school bus signs at locations in the IHE community.

The suggestion was made and seconded that the Spring Fling and Clean-up day will need to be tabled until this July. Hopefully it can take place in the Fall of 2018 but needs to be postponed now due to lack of sufficient funds at this time.

The discussion was had regarding a need for the possible replacement of the current IHE POA attorney, Amy McLin. She has been slow to respond and does not

Minutes from the January 8, 2018 IHE POA Meeting                page 2                                                             

communicate efficiently with the IHE POA Board. Lesha Betts will follow up on a possible new POA attorney suggested by Vicky Rainwater.

New business: The IHE POA website will need renewal by May or June of this year. Vicky Rainwater has generously volunteered to donate the necessary funds for the renewal. Coral Bucy is thanked for providing the site up until then. Vicky will contact Coral regarding information for the continuation of the site.

Lesha Betts has stated that she will be stepping down this month as IHE POA treasurer. She has agreed to serve as the IHE POA vice-president for the remainder of her term. Nicole Coughlin will serve as the new Indian Hills Estates POA treasurer beginning immediately. Lesha will work with Nicole to assure a smooth transition.

President Laura McKee stated that no further registered letters will be sent out regarding violations and variance requests as the costs are prohibitive with the current budget.

The next meeting of the IHE POA will be February 5, 2018 at 7:00 pm.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned by the president Laura McKee at 8:10 pm.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, IHE POA secretary.

Minutes from the December 4, 2017 IHE POA Meeting

Minutes from the December 4, 2017 IHE POA Meeting

The meeting was called to order at 7:08 pm by the president Laura McKee. Board members present were Laura McKee, Lesha Betts, Beverly Maloy, Cordie Morgan, and Chuck Styers. The sign-in sheet was circulated to all POA members present.

Minutes: The minutes of the November POA meeting were approved as read by secretary Beverly Maloy.

Treasurer’s Report: Was approved as read by treasurer Lesha Betts.

ACC Report: Vicky Rainwater reported that there have been 2 new requests for variances for RV’s. Bobbie Jo D’Antonio requested a variance for the Crawford RV. The site is less than 10’ from the property line but has been in place for years. The request cannot be ok’ed without written approval of the request by the property owners next door.

Old Business:

School bus signs for the community: Beverly Maloy reported that calls were placed to the County Commissioner’s office regarding whether school bus stop signs could be placed in our community. After being transferred to several different departments, it was determined that a call should be placed directly to the Comal School district. After being transferred several more times, no positive answers were actually obtained. Everyone tried to be helpful, but no one seemed to know how to handle the matter. The suggestion was made to contact each school whose busses picked up students in our community. Laura McKee and Vicky Rainwater both reported that all of the community school busses originated at the Smithson Valley school location. The matter was tabled until January.

Christmas lights contest: Ed Geffner reported that he had saved the signs for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, honorable mention, and best religious awards. The contest will be judged December 16th.

Spring fling and clean-up day:  Laura will attend the next meeting of the IHSB Water Supply Company to check on insurance coverage if the event is held at the pavilion site. Plans for the event will be on hold until that determination is clarified.

IHE POA Meeting 12/04/17                                                                     Page -2-

New Business: New LED lights have been placed at the Indian Hills/Deer Slayer, Hiawatha/Deer Slayer, and Apache Moon/Silver Wings locations by PEC.

Board member Cordie Morgan is resigning as of today. He is thanked for his many years of service to our community.

The next meeting of the IHE POA will be January 8, 2018 at 7pm.

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 7:59 pm by President Laura McKee.

Respectfully submitted, Beverly Maloy, secretary.

 

 

Page 1 of 2

Powered by WordPress & Theme by Anders Norén